Movement and Shooting:
Let’s start off by discussing what movement is, what ‘’movement’’ means and how to improve your movement to get an advantage over your enemies. Movement in Counter-Strike can mean alot of things, whether it’s walking, running, jumping, strafing, counter-strafing, bunny hopping, crouch jumping. In this topic we will discuss about these mechanics and how to use them to gain advantage.
1 . Learn to move smart while in combat, for instance, with Sidestep/ Strafe Shooting. The challenge is to synchronize your movement and shooting so that your aim is still precise. While straffing(A +D) your aim is imprecise and when you stop strafing you slide for a very short time.
2. To gain instant precision, just tap once in the opposite direction. You can practice that easily with a dynamic crosshair. Once you get the hang of this, practice to step left and right continuously while shooting at the same spot each time you switch directions. Pro players even do this when practicing on a pure aiming map.
3. Don’t go too fast in the beginning or you will train bad aiming habits. Start as slow as you need in order to hit the same spot over and over again, then try to do it faster. Remember that the stress of a competitive engagement might get you out of sync. This will improve with practice and more combat routine.
-Start with a point wall.
-Practice with bots and on aiming maps.
– Progress to using it in competitive games
4. Walking, running and jumping are basic movements in Counter-Strike that every player should know about. In 1vs1 situations you want to get the most out of your movement by not letting enemies know where you are until it’s too late for them to react. This is when walking come in handy. You move silently and it works in your advantage because enemies cannot hear you when you sneak around them. You can also scout for opportunities to go forward towards site by gaining info yourself.
5. Bunny hopping means jumping repeatedly while using strafe jumping technique to gain and hold the maximum speed of 300 units per second in order to move faster from one location to another instead of running. You need to spend countless hours practicing and you still will fall from time to time. You cannot consistently bunny-hop throughout the map, it is impossible to do without scripts or cheats. Some hints on how to make bunny hopping easier:
Bind it typing mwheelup +jump and mwheel down +jump into your developer console.
6. Run boosting means on top of your teammate and jumping. Game mechanic allows you to jump super-high and super-long using this technique. It is extremely difficult to time properly but when executed correctly, you can boost to locations, you normally wouldn’t be able to.
This is how the famous runboost looks like from enemy perspective: